Saturday, June 16, 2007

De-mothballification of the blog

I put the blog on the back burner for a while but I'm happy to announce that I'll be updating it more frequently now. This past month, I moved from being a board member of the Virginia Creeper Trail Club to its president. Consequently, I'm now putting in more hours on club business and will try to post those developments here.
Sorry for those of you who are not interested in the club and only the trail, as I will definitely be seeing the trail through the eyes of the club and blogging about it in those terms. However, I think there will be enough info to keep everyone happy.

The new board and officers will be meeting on June 23rd for the first time. We have a lot to discuss. I've already filled my dry-erase board with ideas for them to consider and I hope there will be much to report in the near future about additional projects and club development.

For now, I'll end with a plea to readers of this blog who also manage websites. Would you mind posting a link to the club (www.vacreepertrail.org) on your site? I'm trying to increase our Google PageRank and increase the visibility of the site. There's a lot of good things happening in the club and the increased visibility could really help them get moving. Thanks!

No comments: